Monday, May 2, 2011

The Real Gem

It was 9:30 PM IST Monday, March 15th, 2010
I opened my inbox eagerly..
The email from NRMP
" Did I match ?
"We are sorry, you did not match to any residency position."

After all...
The result for the 9 interviews I gave traveling from
sandy deserts of Midland, Texas to the snow meadows of Albany, New York.

World is spinning around me turning blue and black.
I was mentally, emotionally, economically broke that day.

The next day I called him,"Dude, I am planning to join PG entrance coaching.
Please suggest me some place."

" Kalyan, even now I answered your call thinking that you got a post match scramble position.Don't do anything impulsive now."He replied.

Exactly after a week he reserved a two way flight ticket from Chennai to JFK
and said"Go get what you wanted. I am here to support as much as I can."

It is needless to say who is the " HE" referred by me here.
The testimonial length which I wrote on his orkut profile is too short to speak about.

No comments: